Reminder: IEEE P1076.1 Election of WG Secretary

Reminder: The election of the P1076.1 Secretary is still open. The vote will close on January 16, 2017.

The nomination period for the position of Secretary of the P1076.1 Working Group has ended on December 20, 2016, with the result that the incumbent Joachim Haase has been nominated for another term. Joachim is eligible, and he has stated his desire to serve.

I am now opening the election for WG Secretary for a two-year term that technically will end at the end of 2018. However, in practical terms, the term will end after the revision of IEEE Std 1076.1 has been completed, which should be before our PAR expires on December 31, 2017. Even though there is only one candidate, the election is required because our P&Ps allow write-in candidates.

_______  Joachim Haase

The election is by approval. You may give votes to any number of candidates, and the one who receives the greatest number of approval votes will win the election. Your participation in the election will count towards membership and voting membership status as described in the P&Ps. The vote is counted if you are a voting member of the WG.

Please return your vote by replying to this message by January 16, 2017. I will acknowledge receipt of each vote and let you know how it will be counted.

Ernst Christen
Chair, IEEE P1076.1 WG
christen.1858@xxxxxxxxxxx