P1076.1 draft passed ballot

Dear P1076.1 Working Group Member,

I have the pleasure to announce that the draft document for the current revision of IEEE Std 1076.1 has completed both the IEEE ballot and the Public Review. T
wo balloters abstained due to lack of expertise, the others were unanimous to approve the document. The Public Review, which is a vehicle to give interested parties a possibility to comment on a draft standard without joining the ballot pool, yielded no comments.

The next step is to submit the draft to RevCom, a committee that will review that the IEEE rules for standards development were followed and then make a recommendation to the IEEE-SA Standards Activities Board to adopt the draft to become an approved standard. We are in the process of preparing the submission, and we expect approval to  happen in September. The new revision of IEEE Std 1076.1 should then become available for purchase from the IEEE in spring 2018.

Thank you all for your various contributions to this revision of IEEE Std 1076.1.

Ernst Christen
Chair, P1076.1 Working Group
christen.1858@xxxxxxxxxxx