P1076.1 approved by SASB

At its meeting on September 28, 2017, the IEEE-SA Standards Board approved the recently balloted revision of IEEE Std 1076.1-2007. The revision will become known as IEEE Std 1076.1-2017. I want to take the opportunity and thank everybody who contributed to this revision. We could not have made it without your help.

What will happen next? The IEEE-SA Standards Publications Department will edit the balloted document to get it ready for publication, which I expect to occur in late Q1 or early Q2 2018. Selected members of the Working Group will remain involved in this process to ensure that the editing process doesn't affect the technical content of the document. The Working Group itself will cease to exist with the expiration of the PAR on 12/31/2017, in accordance with IEEE-SA rules. Consequently,
for the next revision of IEEE Std 1076.1 a new Study Group and Working Group will have to be formed.

There is one additional activity that will have to be undertaken. With the integration of IEEE Std 1076.1.1-2011 into IEEE Std 1076.1-2017, the former has become unnecessary and will be withdrawn. I am in the process of orienting myself about the necessary steps, but am planning to wait with their implementation until IEEE Std 1076.1-2017 has been published.

Ernst Christen
Chair, IEEE P1076.1 Working Group
christen.1858@xxxxxxxxxxx