Phone Conference P1450.3 Working Group
Thursday, May 11, 2005 - 10:00-11:30 Pacific Time
Tony Taylor (chair & scribe)
ParamConstant < Integer | Real >
- Question p14, clause 5.2
0. Nothing under discussion or presentation for this meeting was identified as being proprietary or restricted.
2. New statements for fluid checking
- At the last meeting we decided to add the statements: Assert, IntegerParam, IntegerConfig. This went a long way to solving the problem, but did not work well for real and engr numbers.
- Tony modified the syntax to: ParamConstant < Integer | Real >; and ConfigConstant <Integer | Real >
- In reviewing the syntax, the need for specifying Integer or Real was questioned. The expression processing can handle it either way. It can be up to the TRC tool to define the constant as needed and the expression processor can coerce it to an integer if needed. This obviates that question of engr unit specification, too.
3. Clause 17 (p47) - PatternAttributes
The changes as outlined above (in the agenda) were discussed and accepted.
4. Dual ref to WaveformAttributes and WaveformDescriptions
It was decided that both block types should be allowed. The rule being that if both exist, then the TRC process shall check that the rules in both are satisfied - i.e., just like a PeriodAttributes and PatternAttributes block must both be satisfied.
The general justification for needing both blocks is that there is information that can only be defined in one or the other blocks. The WaveformAttributes block can define things like resolution and number of time sets, whereas the WaveformDescriptions can define the exact wave shapes.
5. Clause 7.5, p25 - TRC scoping rules
The changes as re-worded were reviewed and accepted.
6. Ballot preparation
Tony is creating a new Draft -D13 for all members of the working group to proof read. It is available on the web (with password protection).
Now that we are getting close to ballot submission, we need more participation from ATE vendors and ATE users in the creation of TRC files.
We decided that this should be brought the the stilusers meeting (again) next week to request participation.
6. Ballot process
- Tony will prepare the ballot submittal forms for IEEE with the plan to submit the first draft on July 1, 2006.
Meeting adjourned 10:55 Pacific time
Date: Next meeting Thursday, May
Time: 10:00 to 11:30 Pacific time
- identified above