Mah:October 13 1997: IAS_97_M.htm

FOURTH MEETING OF THE

POWER ELECTRONIC MODULE INTERFACE (P1461)

WORKING GROUP

 

WHEN: 1:00pm to 4:30pm Tuesday October 7, 1997

WHERE: IAS 97 in New Orleans, LA

CHAIR: Dennis Darcy

SPONSOR: Jason Lai

VICE CHAIR and SECRETARY: Mark Harris

ATTENDANCE:

NAME   ORGANIZATION ADDRESS AND PHONE #
Dennis Darcy

*

SatCon (617)349-0927

Fax 661-3373

darcy@satc.com

Jason Lai

*

Virginia Tech (540) 231-4741

Fax 231-6390

laijs@vt.edu

Mark Harris

*

ManDign (317) 253-3445

Fax 251-2784

Harrism@iquest.net

Angelo Ferraro

*

Harris (518) 782-1182

ferraro@hprd.semi.harris.com

Sunil Chhaya

*

GM Adv. Tech Vehicles (248) 680-4156

LNUSATV.ZZKMSZ@gmeds.com

Arthur Kelley

*

North Carolina State University Phone and Fax (919) 515-7357

kelley@eos.ncsu.edu

Balarama Murty

*

GM R&D Center (810) 986-2419

Fax 986-0412

bmurty@cmsa.gmr.com

Yuri Khersonksy * Power Systems Group (714) 956-9200 ext 106

Fax 956-5397

ykhersonsky@powerparagon.com

Kaushik Rajashekara * Delphi E (317) 579-3705

lnusind.nzqvmt@gmeds.com

Thomas Jahns * MIT (617) 617-1976

Fax 258-6774

tjahns@mit.edu

Rob Lankin * AGILE SYSTEMS (519) 886-2000

Fax (519) 886-2075

rlankin@agilesys.com

LCDR Tom McCoy   NSWCCD (703) 602-0450 x533

Fax 602-7173

mccoy_tim@hq.navsea.navy.mil

Duane Prusia   Powerex (412) 925-4402

Fax 925-4393

dprusia@pwrx.com

Dennis Braun   Rockwell (414) 242-8292

Fax 242-8300

dhbrasun@ra.rockwell.com

Robert Rutter   Motorola (602) 244-6784

Fax 244-6002

r26976@email.sps.mot.com

Eddie Yeow   Motorola (602) 244-3841

Fax 244-4015

r36369@email.sps.mot.com

Jeff Marvin   Motorola (602) 244-6144

Fax 244-6002

rp1097@email.sps.mot.com

John Miller + Ford (313) 322-7486

Fax 323-8239

jmille24@ford.com

 

Original AGENDA:

Review the agenda

Approve the minutes

Review action items

Task leader reports

Review and generation of action items

Close with next meeting agenda

ACTIVITY:

  1. Since the meetings awards luncheon was scheduled until 2:00pm the meeting was delayed until 1:30pm. At which point the Chairman opened the meeting with a greeting and a quick review of purpose and the location of the working group web site (http://stdsbbs.ieee.org/groups/1461/)
  2. The Chairman reviewed the agenda.
  3. Review and approval of the minutes (Jointly with Action items)

    Having reviewed all the action items etc. from the last the meeting and the Minutes Dennis D asked if there was any reason not to approve the minutes. They were approved with minor modifications.

  4. Balarama M asked how we could get more input from the module manufacturers on the Automotive Requirements.
  5. John M and Rob L discussed what they had found which were some IEC and SAE standards
  6. Angelo F now gave his presentation. (AF Presentation)
  7. Jason L asked the group about sponsoring a whole session at an IEEE conference on standards etc. This would be a forum where people could present ideas on standardization, what and how.
  8. There was a general discussion about the performance driving the physical, Van GodBold's information seemed to point out the same issue.
  9. There was discussion of having a couple of side meeting between this meeting and the next one.
  10. Review of Action Items:
  11. Close of meeting Dennis D asked for a move to adjourn at 4:20.

THE NEXT FORMAL MEETING WILL BE AT THE APEC98 MEETING SOMETIME BETWEEN FEBRUARY 15-19th

Tentative Schedule of future meetings

Spring/Summer 98 IEEE HQ June Piscataway NJ
Summer/Fall 98 ?? Sept.