From: Patrick O'Reilly <poreilly@email.nist.gov>
Date: Fri, May 2, 2008 at 2:06 PM
Subject: NIST Release 3 Security Publications
To: Multiple recipients of list <compsecpubs@nist.gov>

#1:
NIST announces the release of Draft Special Publication 800-108, Recommendation for Key Derivation Using Pseudorandom Functions. This Recommendation specifies techniques for key derivation from a secret key using pseudorandom functions (PRF). . The comment period closes on June 28, 2008. To learn more about this draft, please visit the CSRC Drafts page.

#2:
NIST announces the release of the public draft of Special Publication 800-66 Revision 1, An Introductory Resource Guide to Implementing the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Rule (Draft). This Special Publication (SP), which discusses security considerations and resources that may provide value when implementing the requirements of the HIPAA Security Rule.  To learn more about this draft please visit CSRC Drafts page.

#3:
The NIST Computer Security Division is proud to announce the release of NIST Interagency Report (IR) 7442: Computer Security Division - 2007 Annual Report. This publication highlights the diverse research agenda that enabled the Computer Security Division to successfully respond to numerous challenges and opportunities in fulfilling its mission to provide standards and technology that protects information systems against threats to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and services.  If interested in reviewing this annual report, link provided below.

Reminder:  You need to make sure that you are unsubscribing from the original e-mail address that you subscribed to this list from.  If not, you will receive an error message.  If that is the case, send patrick.oreilly@nist.gov an e-mail and I will have to manually delete your email address from the listproc system.  To save time - please provide me with your old email address that you subscribed to the list.  Thanks.

Pat O'Reilly
List Administrator
Computer Security Division
NIST