[P1619-3] Meeting reminder for IEEE P1619 SISWG meeting tomorrow (2010-01-13)

Hi Folks,

Just a quick reminder:  We have a SISWG teleconference meeting tomorrow, primarily covering P1619.3 work.  The agenda at this point is to review existing action items and check up on progress for P1619.3.  If you have any other items to discuss, please let me know!

The next SISWG meeting is scheduled for Jan 13th, 2010 from 10:00am to 11:00am, Pacific Time, as a teleconference-only meeting.

Note that in the following agenda, I've merged in the P1619.3 action items into the general SISWG action items list, since we decided to start tracking these issues at the working group level.  Part of our discussion tomorrow will be to review this list and to decide if some of them go away or change.

(See https://siswg.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=226&Itemid=66)

Draft Agenda
  1. Introductions and attendance
  2. IEEE Patent Slide Set and Call for Patents
  3. Approval of the agenda
  4. Approval of previous minutes
  5. Review of Previous Action Items
    1. (Bob Lockhart & Scott Kipp & Landon C Noll) (9/10/2008): request under RFC 4395 a provisional URI scheme for the km so_family.  Status 11/05/2008: In process. Pretty much we need to cut-and-paste a XML-based request and submit it to the IETF.  Update 11/19/2008: Bob Lockhart has produced a draft, but still needs to fill in some details. Check into the copyright situation with the URI Scheme submission  (Thales' lawyers are looking at it) Update 4/29/08: Bob L will be proposing this with both a copyright release and Letter of Assuranc. Update 9/23/09: Still in process.
    2. The following items will now be grouped together as we migrate to the KMIP specification. There will also be policy issues that will require an extension to the KMIP specification.
      1. (Lockhart) Create proposal that migrates the existing P1619.3 standard back to the NIST key state model
      2. (Lockhart) Create second proposal for the addition of the Purged state to the standard NIST key state model
      3. (Lockhart) Create a proposal for the addition of the 'Disabled' state to the standard NIST key state model
    3. Base Objects (Bob Lockhart) -- in progress
    4. Managed Objects (Walt Hubis) -- in progress
    5. Client and Server Operations (James Fitzgerald) -- Discussed during today's meeting
    6. Discovery and Enrollment (Matt Ball) -- in progress
    7. Obsolete content also needs to be removed from the documents (TBD) -- not started.
    8. (James) Ask the group about the WS-Security and whether the group would generally support including it in the P1619.3 standard
    9. (Ball) Review of PAR for 1619.3: Update P1619.3 web page to include current/existing direction. Matt Ball will circulate on the reflector for review at the next meeting
    10. (TBD) Investigate changing the style of the P1619.3 draft to more closely match that of the OASIS KMIP profiles.
    11. (James) Write up proposals 2,3,3 and 4 as full proposals with text against the standard.
    12. (James Fitzgerald) - post a cleaned-up version of the document we reviewed today and send to e-mail list.
  6. Old Business
  7. New Business
  8. Next Meeting
  9. Adjourn

Time: 10:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -08:00, San Francisco)
Meeting Number: 573 553 040
Meeting Password: keymaster

Please click the link below to see more information, or to join the meeting.

To join the online meeting