Re: [STDS-P1619] IEEE Security in Storage (SISWG) Update

I've got much more freedom to participate than I did, and would be interested.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Matt Ball <matt.ball@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm very happy to hear that there is a renewed effort to ratify the P1619-series standards, particularly for XTS-AES, which has become the standard for hard disk encryption!  I also think Walt Hubis will do an excellent job as the new chair.

I will be able to participate in a consulting-type role, but due to my work demands may not be able to do much of the heavy lifting with regard to updating these standards.

In terms of remaining work, we have collected lots of errata over the years, and it would be good to update the standards to include these errata.  This email list contains most of the errata found, and these pages have also been collecting the errata:
I'd also be interested in moving the main website for the working group off of the existing siswg.net site and on to the http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/1619/ site.  I currently own both siswg.org and siswg.net, and would be happy to transfer this ownership over after we successfully migrate the content.  These websites have been showing a lot of bit-rot, and they are running increasingly out-of-date versions of Joomla.

Cheers,
-Matt
Past SISWG Chair