Phone; (520) 799-5848 Tucson office
(713) 278-6279 when in Houston
(520) 352-9146 otherwise

Inactive hide details for Eric Hibbard ---02/07/2017 11:03:37 PM---Dear IEEE SISWG Members and Interested Parties, The IEEE ComEric Hibbard ---02/07/2017 11:03:37 PM---Dear IEEE SISWG Members and Interested Parties, The IEEE Computer Society's Standards Activity Board

From: Eric Hibbard <Eric.Hibbard@xxxxxxx>
To: STDS-P1619@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 02/07/2017 11:03 PM
Subject: [STDS-P1619] IEEE Security in Storage (SISWG) Update

Dear IEEE SISWG Members and Interested Parties,

The IEEE Computer Society’s Standards Activity Board (SAB) approved a motion to form the Cybersecurity & Privacy Standard Committee (CPSC) on February 1, 2017. In addition, it has dissolved the Information Assurance Standards Committee (IASC) and all of its working groups but Security in Storage (SISWG) and 1617, which have been moved to CPSC.

The new CPSC officers are:

With the formation of the CPSC, it is now time to bring IEEE SISWG back on line to ensure that the 1619, 1619.1, and 1619.2 standards are not withdrawn. To that end, I’ve appointed Walt Hubis as the SISWG Chair and I will continue support him as the Vice Chair.

Best regards,

-Eric

Eric A. Hibbard, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CISA, CCSP
CTO Security and Privacy

International Representative, INCITS TC CS1 Cyber Security
Chair, IEEE Cybersecurity & Privacy Standards Committee (CPSC)
Co-Chair, Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) – International Standardization Council (ISC)
Co-Chair, American Bar Association – SciTech Law – Privacy, Security and Emerging Technology Division
Vice Chair, American Bar Association – SciTech Law – Cloud Computing Committee
Co-Chair, American Bar Association – SciTech Law – Internet of Things (IoT) Committee
Co-Chair, SNIA Security Technical Work Group
Vice Chair, IEEE Security in Storage Work Group (P1619)

HITACHI DATA SYSTEMS
2825 Lafayette Street
Santa Clara, CA 95050-2639
Office 408.970.7979/ Mobile 408.636.8128

eric.hibbard
@hds.com