Election Results Reporting - VSSC/1622.2
1622.2 Working Group documents
- IEEE Project Authorization Request (PAR) for 1622.2
- 1622.2 Membership Roster
- 1622.2 Election Results Reporting Task Force mailing list archive
- Minutes from meeting August 7, 2014
- VSSC 2015 General Meeting Announcement: The office of the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk will be hosting the 2015 VSSC General Meeting on February 4-5, 2015, in Norwalk, CA. See the About the Group page for more details.
- The 1622.2 2014-11-24 draft standard is now in the 1st round balloting stage until Jan 15, 2015. See below for how to submit comments.
- IEEE Computer Magazine September 2014 Article on the 1622.2 Election Results Reporting Standard and the VSSC/1622
- State of Ohio's November 2014 Election Results in 1622.2 format !!!
Submitting comments on the 1622.2 draft
The 1622.2 2014-11-24 draft standard is now in the 1st round IEEE balloting process, in which IEEE members are able to vote and/or submit comments on the draft up until Jan 15, 2015. We are also making the draft publicly available and encouraging the public to vote/comment on it, especially those in the election official and vendor community who may not be members of the IEEE. Your comments will be considered carefully and will be greatly appreciated.
To comment, first review the 1622.2 2014-11-24 draft standard, also located immediately below this announcement. To submit comments, download this Excel spreadsheet and include your comments accordingly. Attach the completed spreadsheet to an email to the VSSC standards coordinator, Arthur Keller, at the following email address:
ark at soe.ucsc.edu
Drafts, working documents and links
Note - some of the files below may require a username/password, which is available to 1622 members only
Current draft material for IEEE balloting and public comment:
- 2014-11-24 Version for 1st round IEEE balloting
Previous draft material:
- 2014-10-20 Version 29
- DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION FOR IEEE BALLOTING!!!
- 1622.2 draft standard (pdf)
- 1622.2 schema and changes from V23 thru V29 (xsd) (pdf)
- UML data model (MagicDraw) (xmi) (png)
- JSON implementation example for Annex D (zip)
- Comments spreadsheet with status of changes (Excel)
- Instance file example from State of Ohio, digitally signed (xml)
- XMLSpy screenshot showing options used for the digital signature (png)
- XSL used with Ohio's instance file to produce HTML report of results (xsl) (html)
- JSON implementation example slated for Annex D (zip)
- Spatial representation of Ohio districts using spatial extent elements/attributes in GeoPoliticalUnit element. Download zip file, unpack, click on the .html file to see overlay of Ohio districts on Google maps. Uses previous version of schema.
- NIST election object draft naming scheme project draft spreadsheet
- Background material on use cases addressed by the standard
- Background material on data elements addressed by the standard
- Spreadsheet of proposed data elements
- Color coded above spreadsheet, red indicates elements not added to model and schema
Information on other ENR schemas:
- Florida's schema used statewide in 2012 election
- Schema (right-click to download)
- Entity Relationship Diagram
- Instance file - simple election night (right-click to download)
- Instance file - reporting on precincts and equipment types (right-click to download)
- Instance file - reporting on precincts but no equipment types (right-click to download)
- Election Data Services
- Samples of reports from the new state-wide election-night reporting in Colorado
Contact John P. Wack, 1622.2 editor