Re: Proposal for interval standardization, Version 2.0

I have noted some typos, but also some more important comments
on the proposal (sections 1.3 and 1.5) which are of interest
not only to the editor, and might arise discussion.

Section 1.2, Third paragraph, first line
"woth" should be "with"

Section 1.3 In IEEE 754 NaN:s are not unique, and from
P 754 Section 5.11, line 6: Every NaN shall compare unordered with
everything, including itself.

I therefore recommend the following rewrite of (iv)

(iv) l = NaN and u = NaN (empty interval Empty).

Section 1.5 Logical functions are discussed here, and seem to be
in the C style with values 0 and 1 instead of Fortran or Algol
TRUE and FALSE.

Item 7. In my opinion areEqual(xx,yy) should return TRUE
if xx and yy are the same set, and areDistinct(xx,yy) should return
FALSE in that case. I do not like the the word "under the same
cirumstances", it is better in a standard to repeat exactly what
is valid.

Section 2.0, line 5
"secition" should be "section"

Section 2.3
The last line should have a plus + instead of a minus -
in the second case (upper limit)

Section 2.5, line 4
"preced" should be "preceded"

Section 2.6, second paragraph, first line
"facilitate" should be "facilitates"

Section 3.0, line 3
"standard-cornforming" should be "standard-conforming"

Section 3.12, last line
"implemnting" should be "implementing"

Section 6.5, line 2
"pu (down)" should be "up (down)"