1788 officers

The proposed slate of officers has been ratified.

Details
-------

The proposed slate of officers:
    Chair: Nathalie Revol
    Vice Chairs: R. Baker Kearfott and John Pryce
    Secretary: William Edmonson
    Technical editors: John Pryce and David Lester
    Archivist: Guillaume Melquiond
    Webmaster: Juergen Wolff von Gudenberg

Voting closed on Nov. 6.

According to the draft Policies and Procedures (voting closes Nov. 27),
  "The officers so elected will be ratified by a 2/3
  majority of those on the stds-1788@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  mailing list that have registered for the working
  group with IEEE."

At the close of Nov. 6, 45 people on the stds-1788@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing
list had registered for the working group with IEEE.  36 people voted, and
all members of the proposed slate of officers received at least the required
2/3 majority of those registered.

In addition, three people voted whose official registration is in question.
We will continue to attempt to settle those questions.  Since the result of
the election cannot be altered by their votes, I hereby certify the election
of the proposed slate of officers.

Dr. George F. Corliss
Vote Tabulator, Stds-1788

Electrical & Computer Engineering
Haggerty Engineering #296
Marquette University
P.O. Box 1881
1515 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee WI 53201-1881
George.Corliss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
414-288-6599; -288-4400 (GasDay); -288-5579 (Fax)
Www.eng.mu.edu/corlissg