Re: floats and intervals, constants, 0.1, 1e400 and Inf

Chenyi Hu schrieb:
> We have applied midpoint-radius representations in recent work.
> It certainly has its advantage in handling uncertainty.

Could you please state the computational advantages compared
to the inf-sup representation rather than only asserting
their existence?

Clearly the representation is useful for interpreting data and results of an application. But this only affects conversion from and to text,
not the arithmetic with mid-rad intervals.

Which package do you use for mid-rad interval arithmetic?

Arnold Neumaier