Re: Motion M006.01: discussion period begins, until October 17

Vincent,

> I don't like the word "difficult" in this context, because it
> may not actually be difficult. I would rather use a word like
> "advanced" / "enhanced" / "extended".

Do you like a word "accuracy-relaxed string" ?

> In §6.7.5, I would replace "any interval" by constraints obtained
> with a basic algorithm to have a reasonable behavior, such as:

I like your suggestion about L and U.
What will your rules say about semi-infinite interval with rational bound like
"[p/q, +inf]" ? I think that U is not relevant here and it should return I such that
[p/q, +oo) included in I include in [hull(hull(p)/hull(q)), +oo).

I would have no doubt to add your specification to 1888 when it was developing.

As for 1788.1, its style should be simpler, and I'm thinking how to express your specification
in simple words.

  -Dima