Re: P1788.1: Motion M008.01 PASSES

All but one of our 40 Voting Members voted.
Dear George,

it may be that I am the one in your count. So I think I should comment a little on your remark.

My interest in the standard development decreased rapidly when the exact dot product was withdrawn in 2013. We use it successfully for years and I am not willing to move backward. The fact that IEEE 1788 is developed under IEEE 754 is another mistake. The opposite should be the case. Interval arithmetic over the real and floating-point numbers leads to an exception-free calculus.
You may find my view on the matter in a short note which is attached.

Nevertheless I congatulate you all that the matter now came to an end. I am convinced that the understanding  will grow in the future.

With best regards
Ulrich