From: stds-1788@xxxxxxxx [mailto:stds-1788@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of skalna
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 11:30 AM
To: stds-1788@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Question about strong regularity of (parametric) interval matrices

Dear Members of Interval Community,

I have the following question. Most of papers on solving interval linear systems says that interval matrix is strongly regular if \rho(|(mid(A))^{-1}rad([A])|)<1.
or equivalently if
[B]=mid(A))^{-1}[A] is regular.
But we can also post-multiply the matrix, and it is probable that the matrix [B] will not be regular, but the matrix [C]=[A}A^{-1} will be regular.
So, shouldn't the definition of strong regularity of interval matrices be changed?
I am in fact more interested in parametric interval matrices, but parametric matrices are strictly connected with interval matrices.

Best regards,
   Iwona Skalna

--
| _ |   _|  |  | | Iwona Skalna                            |