Re: [Reliable_computing] Question about strong regularity of (parametric) interval matrices

My few cents:

1) The definition "[A] is regular if and only all its elements are regular" seem so
     clear and simple to me that there is no point in changing it.

2) I would use the terms "left regular" and "right regular" to express the
    the conditions r \rho(|(mid(A))^{-1}rad([A])|)<1 and r \rho(|(rad([A])mid(A))^{-1}|)<1,
    but of course this is all a matter of taste.

3) Indeed, definitions are somewhat arbitrary, but it would be nice if we could
    reserve the simple terms, like "regular", to simple and relevant concepts.

4)  One of my favorite definitions is the one of compact set in topology
    ("every covering by open subsets has a finite subcovering.")  Perfect
    definitions like this one,  by Alexandrov and Urysohn 1929, make me
    wonder whether definitions are indeed arbitrary. In fact, at same times,
    a great definition is worth a thousand theorems, and it is definitely
    unwise to mess with them.

                    Walter.