Re: IEEE 754R Meeting April 15, 2004 Raw Minutes

Eric Schwarz <eschwarz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Many thanks for the detailed report.

[...]

| Hauser - Does any language support SNaN?
|       C++ was suppose to but definition conflicts with it.

Please could you elaborate on which definition conflicts with it?
This is so that I can clarify or ask the C++ committee to clarify
the contentious point.

As far as I can tell, std::numeric_limits<> was designed so that
C++ implementations can choose to comply to LIA-1, IEEE-754 and/or tell
when they support SNaNs -- the numeric_limits<> view is biased toward
LIA-1, but it clearly makes room for SNaNs.

-- Gaby