This month's 754 agenda...

	Folks,

	The July meeting of the 754 committee will be held at Hewlett
	Packard in Palo Alto on Wednesday 7/13 (for draft review) &
	Thursday 7/14 (for proposals) from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.  Peter
	Markstein will be our host & I'm sure he will post directions
	& phone information in the coming days.

	Our draft reviews have been going so well lately that I'd like
	to move some of the discussion of proposals to Wednesday.  But
	I fear that might be a problem for those who only show up on
	Thursday.

	Therefore, if there are proposals you want to comment on & you
	only plan on being there on Thursday, let me know & we'll
	refrain from discussing them on Wednesday.  Or, after I've had
	a chance to summarize our Wednesday discussion at the beginning
	of the Thursday meeting, if there is anything you'd like to go
	over again, we will do that.

	Please remember to read (& vote on) the proposals before the
	meeting.  They can be found at http://754r.ucbtest.org/drafts/.

	The reason I'd like to move some discussion to Wednesday is
	that I believe we will have another busy day on Thursday.
	Peter Tang & his colleagues will be making a proposal for a
	different decimal format.  Mike Cowlishaw will wish to rebut
	that proposal.  And I will offer a compromise.

	So, here is my sketch for an agenda (our times may vary):

	Wednesday
		1:00 - 3:00 Draft Review
		3:00 - 3:10 break
		3:10 - 5:00 Discussion of pending proposals

	Thursday
		1:00 - 1:15 Summary of Wednesday's discussion
		1:15 - 2:50 Discussion of remaining proposals
		2:50 - 3:00 break
		3:00 - 4:00 Peter's decimal format proposal
		4:00 - 4:45 Mike's rebuttal
		4:45 - 5:00 My compromise proposal

	Needless to say, we will operate under Guest Rule so we can
	get through the decimal proposals.

	Please try to come early so we can start on time.

	See you then,