754R: anybody know about Numerical Mathematics Consortium?

My boss sent me this from HPC Wire:

Numerical Mathematics Consortium Proposes Open Standard

   The Numerical Mathematics Consortium announced that leading
   mathematics software vendors and interested individuals from industry
   and academia are working together to define a consistent and
   manageable foundation for numerical programming. The organization is
   committed to establishing an open mathematical semantics standard for
   numerical algorithm development to enable portability and reuse among
   tools, platforms and disciplines.

   "Our industry has been lacking a unified and standardized mathematical
   foundation for a long time," said Ali Maleki, Brake and Chassis
   Electronics program manager at ArvinMeritor. "Today, each tool offers
   its own specific set of functions with often steep learning curves,
   which require us to develop algorithms and skills that are not easily
   portable across the industry. These algorithms must be rewritten with
   new projects and new technologies, which ultimately drive our costs
   higher. A standard set of mathematical functions based on
   industry-accepted semantics would go a long way in creating portable
   skills and off-the-shelf libraries and tools that would be
   plug-and-play in various environments and help our bottom line."

   The founding companies of the Numerical Mathematics Consortium
   established the organization to create a standard specification for
   numeric mathematics that ensures algorithm portability and reuse
   across platforms and applications. The organization's objective is to
   create a specification that defines core mathematical function
   definitions applicable to numeric algorithms. These algorithms can
   then be implemented in a wide variety of application areas such as
   industrial control, embedded design and scientific research, as well
   as be easily shared among researchers and developers in industry and
   academia.

   Numerical Mathematics Consortium founding members include INRIA
   (Scilab Publisher), Maplesoft, Mathsoft and National Instruments.
   Numerous individuals from leading industry and academia are supporting
   the consortium in an advisory role to provide review and guidance on
   the development of these technical standards.

   "With the industry-standard specification developed by the Numerical
   Mathematics Consortium, students can create algorithms that are
   compatible with common functionality in traditional tools and feel
   confident that their designs will work properly in other math
   environments," said Dr. Robert H. Bishop, professor and chairman of
   the University of Texas Aerospace Engineering and Engineering
   Mechanics Department. "In addition, with an established numerical
   mathematics standard, I can ensure that my students are learning with
   the same tools and approaches that they will encounter in industry."