Re: Conflicts between C standard and 754-2008

Fred Tydeman wrote:
Did you notice that the text I quoted from the C Standard
mentions "default rounding"?

No, I did not -- sorry!  I had waded through several strtod documentations,
and most "quoted" the standard in what looked like word-for-word, but the
AIX one (which I still have sitting in a terminal window) does not mention
this crucial tidbit, for example.

So an up-to-date quote of the relevant piece of the standard would be
sufficient to clear the way for a conforming implementation -- good news.

Thank you!

---Sent: 2011-01-01 15:40:44 UTC