Re: Conflicts between C standard and 754-2008

On 01/06/2011 12:39 PM, Hossam A. H. Fahmy wrote:
I am a bit troubled by this since it means that C assumes that FP
addition is commutative in general which is not true. It is specifically
wrong if applied on more than two terms. For example,
As far as I understand, you are referring to associativity, not
commutativity:
(a + b) + c == a + (b + c)

Commutativity is just the permission to swap the two operands to a +.