RE: Two technical questions on IEEE Std 754-2008

      I'm sure you know far better than I what is best for
      your users.  And what you can do in the time you have
      available to you.

That's quite ironic :-).  And a little unseemly, perhaps.

Charles has, over many years, championed the users of COBOL against the vagaries
of vendors' support for the language -- and, indeed, he certainly has a better
knowledge of what is best for his users than anyone else I am aware of.

Mike