RE: Implementor support for the binary interchange formats

Michel Hack wrote:
Intel people should correct me if needed, but I was under the impression
that Itanium has hardware support for efficient software implementation
of binary128

Michel,

Intel(r) Itanium(r) processors do not have special HW support for
implementation of binary128. However, the architecture is indeed
suitable for efficient implementation of binary128 arithmetic, as
well as for long integers. Binary128 is supported on Itanium in
SW by both Intel and Hewlett-Packard compilers/libraries.

Thank you,
Marius Cornea