Re: Implementor support for the binary interchange formats

IBM zSeries supports binary128 in hardware as well as binary32, binary64, decimal64 and decimal128. Almost all architected arithmetic operations are completely executed in hardware with the exception of conversions between decimal and binary floating-point formats and a divide-to-integer operation. The binary dataflow is optimized for binary64 requiring multiple passes for binary128, but all controlled by hardware. The decimal dataflow is wider and directly supports decimal128.

Regards,
Eric Schwarz

eschwarz@xxxxxxxxxx