RE: Implementor support for the binary interchange formats

>> Chuck Stevens wrote:

>> With all this discussion about DECIMAL interchange formats, I haven't seen much mention of the BINARY interchange formats.

Hello Chuck,

Binary interchange formats are used whenever the IEEE 754-2008 Decimal Floating-Point arithmetic is used on Intel Architecture or equivalent processors.

In particular, this encoding is supported – among others - as the main encoding for decimal FP values in GCC (starting with version 4.4 and for systems mentioned above), in the Intel C/C++ Compiler (part of various Intel software products), and one HP C/C++ Compiler.

Thanks,

Marius Cornea