IEEE P802.11 - TASK GROUP J -
Status of Project IEEE 802.11j
4.9 GHz - 5 GHz Operation in Japan
purpose of Task Group J is to enhance the 802.11 standard and
amendments, to add channel selection for 4.9 GHz and 5 GHz in Japan; to
conform to the Japanese rules on operational mode, operational rate,
radiated power, spurious emissions and channel sense.
May, 2004, Anaheim, California, USA
Task Group J Report
Sheung Li - Task Group J Chairperson
May 14, 2004
Actions by TGj
- Prior to meeting, TGj held ad hoc meeting to resolve LB68
comments in document 04-466r0 and submit D1.5 to sponsor ballot under
Procedure 10 as empowered in March 04 Plenary
- Reviewed sponsor ballot process and timeline and request WG
authorization for ad hoc meeting to resolve sponsor ballot comments
Working Group Motions
- Motion to authorize ad hoc meeting to resolve sponsor ballot
comments to enable issue of sponsor ballot recirculation under
Ad Hoc Meeting Announcement
- Notice of Intent to Announce Ad Hoc Meeting
- Upon the opening of the 11j Sponsor Ballot, the task group will
announce on the e-mail reflector an Ad Hoc meeting for the purposes of
comment resolution and issuance of a sponsor ballot recirculation under
- If authorized, there shall be at least 30 days notice and a
dial-in will be provided
Objectives for July 2004
- Discuss and resolve sponsor ballot and/or sponsor ballot
USEFUL LINKS TO OTHER SITES:
IEEE P802.11 WLANs RELATED
This page is maintained by Stuart
J. Kerry .
Comments are welcome.
Copyright (c) 2001, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles, words, or
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.