Discussion about PoS versus MGW

Hello folks,

Yesterday we had a discussion about using PoS to denote the
MIHF handling the single-radio commands described in the
current 802.21c documents.

The existing terminology ("MGW") was picked to emphasize
that the single-radio solution could be implemented without
having to implement the previously specified MIH PoS commands.

I think it would be better to avoid multiple terminologies for
the same functional unit, which is always the PoS even if it is
also called the MGW.

On the teleconference, we decided to raise this issue on the
802.21 mailing list to get more discussion and perhaps consensus
from the group.

Comments will be appreciated.

Charlie P.