From: John D'Ambrosia [mailto:jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:12 AM
To: STDS-802-3-100GCU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_100GCU] Sep 2011 - Agenda and Call for Presentations

All,

The first meeting of the IEEE P802.3bj Task Force (pending approval by the IEEE-SA Std Board) will be held during the IEEE 802.3 Interim Meeting (week of Sept 12).  Meeting details may be found at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e48y5kqsa73a03f7&llr=bqlaqkgab.  Also, please note that early registration for the meeting closes at 5pm PDT Friday August 26, 2011.

The Task Force will be meeting all day Tuesday and Wednesday  (Sept 13 and 14).  In addition there will be a joint meeting between our task force and the newly formed “Next Generation 100 Gb/s Ethernet Interfaces for Optical Fiber Modules.”  The time for the joint meeting is TBD at this time.

Pending approval by the IEEE-SA Standards Board, this will be our first meeting as a Task Force.   Therefore, as we will begin working towards the development of a baseline, presentations for the week should be focused on proposals,

Anyone wishing to present, please provide the following information (per Procedure for Presenters web page:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/100GCU/public/presentproc.html)

Name of presenter

Title of presentation

Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers)

Brief description of topic

Presentations should be kept to 20minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the meeting.  For the Sept Interim meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by Sept 2, 2011.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the May Interim, presentations must be submitted by Sept 6, 2011.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page   http://www.ieee802.org/3/100GCU/public/presentproc.html

I would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.  Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation

Author: Name(s) of author(s)

Subject: IEEE P802.3bj 100 Gb/s Backplane and Copper Cable Task Force

As a reminder to the group, we are a contribution driven organization.   It should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without contributions to drive it.  Areas not moving forward will be brought to the attention of the Task Force for consideration on how to address.  .

I look forward to seeing everyone in Chicago!

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Tel:       717.460.8535

Email    jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx