[802.3_100GCU] EEE consensus call notes and materials - 2nd try

(my first attempt to post this was rejected due to file size limits)

Dear P802.3bj Task Force,

I have attached the latest drafts of presentation materials from our consensus work on EEE.  My meeting notes are shown below.  Please note that the presenters are seeking review, feedback and support for their work.  If you would like to help with any of these efforts, please contact the presenters directly.

Regards,

Mike

---------------

Meeting notes from our consensus building call Monday, January 9th at 8AM PST

The call was hosted by Hugh Barrass/Cisco - thanks!

Attendees: Mike Bennett, Hugh Barrass, Mark Gustlin, David Ofelt, Alexander Umnov, Will Bliss, Nish, Piers Dawe, Pedro Reviriego, Peter Anslow, David Law, Arthur Marris, Roy Cideciyan, Adam Healey, Velu Pillai, Wael Diab, Matt Brown, and Stephen Bates.

The meeting began at 8:05 AM

The proposed agenda for the call was as follows:
8:00 - Introduction

8:05 - Review changes to Mark Gustlin's presentation

8:30 - Review Pete Anslow's analysis of RAM

9:00 -  Review changes to Hugh Barrass' presentation

9:25 - Action items and wrap-up

9:30 - End

There were no modifications to the agenda.

Mark gave a brief review of the changes to his slides.  There was no discussion on his changes.

Pete presented his analysis of Rapid Alignment Markers in anslow_RAM_analysis_v1.pdf

There were comments indicating appreciation for the good work in Pete's presentation.

Hugh presented his slides for the benefit of people who hadn't seen it previously.  There were some questions regarding the nature of the clock and whether refresh is needed or not.  Hugh will give this some thought and revise if needed.

There was a general question regarding the plan to present a baseline proposal.  The group indicated there is still more work to be done to get the baseline material ready for a proposal and that March would be more likely for a proposal.

Action items:

1.  Velu will help Hugh validate assumptions regarding PHY power savings.

2.  Presenters are seeking feedback, reviewers, contributers and supporters for their presenations.

The call ended at 9:10 AM PST

--
Michael J. Bennett
LBLnet Services Group