[802.3_100GCU] dudek_01a_0112 Channel loss graph.

During the presentation of the proposed PAM2 baseline proposal I had taken an action item to plot the proposed insertion loss max loss curve and provide it to the reflector.   I have discovered that beyond the Nyquist loss only the form of the equation is in the proposal without coefficients.   The Nyquist loss is stated as 30dB without FEC and 35dB with FEC.    Rather than create coefficients and plot them without discussion with my co-author and other supporters I believe it is best to leave the coefficients as TBD with the response we made to the committee that we intend this to be similar in shape to the CEI-25G-LR specification scaled for the additional attenuation.   The CEI-25G-LR curve is shown below for information.

Mike Dudek

QLogic Corporation

Senior Manager Signal Integrity

26650 Aliso Viejo Parkway