[802.3_100GCU] Goal for May Interim Meeting

All,

Per our adopted timeline, the May meeting is the last meeting for new proposals.  However, as noted in the agenda and call for presentations – The goal of the meeting will be to leave the May interim meeting with the end result of the creation of D1.0 and the start of the Task Force comment Phase, as per our adopted timeline. So, while I don’t want to discourage any technical discussions, I do want to remind everyone that we need to leave the May meeting with the authorized creation of D1.0, so we can begin the Task Force comment Phase.

Therefore, if anyone is targeting to get a new proposal adopted for implementation as part of D1.0, it will be necessary that proposed text or clear detailed unambiguous modifications of existing text or adopted baseline proposals are provided for the Task Force to review and the Editorial Team to implement.

As an observation, given the goal of our meeting, it may be more constructive to consider using this meeting for socializing any new technical proposals, and submitting comments with text against D1.0.

Your support in moving the Task Force forward at the next meeting is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bj 100 Gb/s Backplane and Copper Cable Task Force