From: Charles Moore [mailto:charles.moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:42 PM
To: STDS-802-3-100GCU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_100GCU] Recommended channels to use

folks,

    At the June 7 channel model consensus group discussion i agreed to provide recommended channels to use for testing potential channel evaluation methods.  Enclosed is a csv file with my recommendations for NRZ channels intended to work without FEC. A recommended set for PAM4 will be following at a later date.

   In the file i list 10 channels,

   2 which qikSN says are definitely bad, even with FEC,
     one a long channel, the other short;

   6 which qikSN says are near the limit without FEC, some
     slightly above the limit, some slightly below.

   2 which qikSN say are definitely good both moderately long.

Two of the channels, which i call FCI_Long4, and FCI_short_7 have questionable data at 50MHz, the lowest available frequency.  I recommend that anyone trying to use them delete or correct the 50MHz data.

                       charles