[802.3_100GCU] Tx and Rx return loss joint suggestion

Colleagues,

Pursuant to the plenary meeting (and some insomnia due to too many thoughts about return loss J) I will be hosting calls to strive towards an agreed Tx and Rx chip return loss.

I would like to share with those who find it interesting the direction I see for these formulas and enable others to present their thoughts.

I hope we will be able to achieve a joint remedy suggestion.

The group will be dealing with the following issues (and others according to the group’s suggestion):

1.       Return loss measurement methodology (do we de-embed the test fixture from return loss measurements or not) – De-embedding accuracy and capabilities presentation would be very helpful here in convincing to go one way or the other. If any of the group has such a presentation he/she can share it would be most helpful.

2.       Provide a return loss equation taking into account the decision of point #1 as well as capabilities of actual package routing.

I will be on vacation starting next week, so I will be hosting these calls starting the week of Aug. 14.

please reply to liav@xxxxxxxxxxx to receive meeting schedule and invitation

Best regards,

Liav