Re: [802.3_100GCU] why transmit all parity bits after 20 data blocks in FEC frame?

Hi, Shengyu,

RS code is a symbol-based block error correction code.

Major encoding and decoding operations are performed on “symbols”.

In our case, a symbol has 10 binary bits. So a FEC frame has exactly one RS block.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Zhongfeng Wang

Infrastucture and Networking Group