Re: [802.3_100GEL] Nomenclature Decision

Why do we need another straw poll?

From: Elizabeth Kochuparambil (edonnay) <00000b6647231c5d-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 11:49 AM
To: STDS-802-3-100GEL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_100GEL] Nomenclature Decision

Hello All!

We have 2 options on the table.  Seems that one option is “typical” in the industry (and what we’ve used in the past) while the other is more directly stated (perhaps clearer to those outside of our community).  My intention is to do another straw poll in January and the Editorial team to go with the majority (over 50%) choice...  So if you have a strong opinion one way or another, I would advise offline discussion!

~Beth

For your information:

Here’s Kent’s November presentation:  http://www.ieee802.org/3/ck/public/18_11/lusted_3ck_01a_1118.pdf

Bangkok’s Straw poll #13:

For the single lane copper cable and backplane PHYs, I would support the nomenclature to be: