Deadline for Submitting Presentations and Requesting Agenda Time
- The presenter shall request time by two Fridays (AoE) preceding the week of the meeting.
- Requests shall be submitted by sending an email to
The presenter shall provide the following information:
- Name of presenter
- Title of presentation
- Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers)
- Brief description of topic
- If the "requesting presentation time" deadline is missed, time will be provided on a best-effort basis following the completion of the regular agenda
(or as deemed appropriate by the chair). Presentations that were requested on time, but submitted after the submission deadline will be considered before late presentation requests.
Presentation Style Guidelines
- Failure to meet guidelines may result in a loss of requested presentation time.
- Presentations must be submitted in PDF format. Neither the chair nor the Web Master will convert presentations to PDF format. Presentations not in PDF format will be returned.
- Avoid graphic intensive backgrounds or other decorative graphics.
- No animations, audio clips, video clips, etc.
- Presentation should be less then 2.0 MB.
- No marketing pitches, product pitches or corporate pitches.
- No pricing or costs are permitted. Relative costs are permitted (i.e. option 1 is 3x the cost of option 2).
- No ASPs are permitted. Historical relative ASPs, based on public sources, are permitted, but no forward-looking relative ASPs are permitted.
- No company copyright or confidentiality statements. All presentations are posted to a publicly available web site. If the presentation is not ready for public disclosure, then it should not presented.
- To support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:
- Title :- Title of presentation
- Author :- Name(s) of author(s)
- Subject :- IEEE 802.3 100 Gb/s Electrical Lane Study Group
Submitting a Presentation
- The presenter shall submit a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation, by e-mailing it to
the chair and vice chair.
This shall be done by 5pm PDT on the WEDNESDAY of the week preceding the meeting for publication to the IEEE 802.3
100 Gb/s Electrical Lane Study Group web site.
- If the "presentation submission" deadline is missed, time will be provided on a best-effort basis following the completion of the regular agenda (or as deemed appropriate by the chair).
A PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation shall be made available to
the chair and vice chair.
prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Document Information Fields
The 'Document Information' fields in a PDF file can be entered as follows:
- Adobe Acrobat: Either use the menu options: 'File' -> 'Document Info'
-> 'General' or the shortcut CTRL-D.
- Adobe PDFWriter: When the 'Save PDF File As' dialog appears hit the
'Edit Document Info.' button, enter the information, and then hit the 'OK' button.
Return to IEEE 802.3 100 Gb/s Electrical Lane Study Group Public Area
Last Update: 03 January 2018