[802.3_100GNGOPTX] Call For Presentations

Dear Study Group Participants,

A reminder:

·         Friday, October 28th at 11:59pm PDT is our deadline for receiving your request for presentation time.

·         Tuesday, November 1st at 11:59pm PDT is our deadline for receiving your presentation in PDF format.

Call for Presentations:

During our wrap-up, I mentioned the need to begin work immediately on key areas to be addressed. Specifically, I provided the following;

• System PCA Reach Requirements
• Connector/MSA implications on link budget
• Un-retimed, Retimed, Both
• Multi-Mode Solution (customer requirements vs technical cost/complexity)
• Alternative Single-Mode technology (performance/cost /power/density)
• Liaisons (IC for OIF)(ITU)
• FEC (Optional, Required) (Compatibility with 802.3bj)
• Equalization
• Compatible Interface with p802.3bj

Please consider how you may contribute to the Study Group effort on one or more of these areas. If you can coordinate with others to produce a joint presentation, this would also be very helpful. Our November Plenary is likely to be a very busy meeting, so focus is very important.

As a reminder, I will emphasize that presentations should be focused on identifying an objective for the Study Group, and justifying it.

If your presentation addresses a common-interest between p802.3bj and this Study Group, please send a copy of your request for time to John D'Ambrosia.

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Dan Dove
Chair, Next Generation 100Gb/s Optical Ethernet Study Group