Re: [802.3_100GNGOPTX] Emerging new reach space

Paul
I actually recall input from hssg days where such reaches were discussed for  data center hotels, large multifloor buildings in cities.

Don't remember file off top of my head but I do remember the data point.

John

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 19, 2011, at 10:56 AM, "Kolesar, Paul" <PKOLESAR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jeff,
> I cannot imagine a data center that has 2,000m runs within a building.  Such data centers must actually be multiple buildings, perhaps in a campus or office park, similar to the central offices that have driven 2km into existing specs.  Once we step outside the confines of a single building we are on a rather slippery slope towards nebulous boundary conditions. Where do campus channels end and cross-town channels begin?  I am not saying we should ignore these inputs, but for this exercise we really need to judge the merits of proposals based on channel-coverage-vs-cost trade-off space rather than a particular reach at the outskirts of consideration.  So please quantify the frequency distribution of channel lengths that you gather to permit analysis of the type we need.
>
> Paul

>>> 41, 48, 55, and 48 votes, the 41 for one additionally involving new