Re: [802.3_100GNGOPTX] Facebook, Google & Alcatel-Lucent To Speak at OIDA Workshop

All,

I checked with 802.3 leadership and if I had the ability, would have removed this thread. It provides a pointer to a commercial venue and constitutes a marketing piece. I understand that it was posted with innocent intent.

While awaiting direction on how to remove the string, I was kind of hoping it would just lay low.

Please, when you send items to the reflector, consider the IEEE rules with regard to promotions and marketing items.

Mentioning that a conference is happening and may be relevant is OK. Mentioning the date is OK. Saying you are interested in it is OK. Discussing an event is perfectly OK. Sending out a copy of their flier which contains promotional material, pricing and links for signup constitutes an exception to our rules.

As I say, it was an innocent mistake and I apologize for not having removed it yet.

Please do not reply to this. It will just add to the effort to remove the string.

Regards,

Dan Dove
Chair