Re: [802.3_100GNGOPTX] IEEE 802 Nov Plenary - Task Force Meeting Details and Call for Presentations

Reminder: November 2nd @ midnight AOE for presentation requests.

Regards,

Dan Dove

Chair, IEEE p802.3bm Task Force

On 10/10/12 6:36 AM, Daniel Dove wrote:

Dear Task Force Participants,

The IEEE P802.3bm Task Force will be meeting at the IEEE 802 November Plenary Session in San Antonio, Tx, USA.   The IEEE P802.3bm Task Force will be meeting Tuesday morning, November 13 through Thursday, noon, November 15. Registration and meeting details may be found at http://802world.org/plenary/.  You are strongly encouraged to register and make your reservations as soon as possible.

The first job of our new Task Force is to produce baseline proposals with which to generate a draft. It is highly recommended that you work within the ad hocs to establish consensus around a baseline approach and then bring in joint presentations that may be used as the basis for a baseline proposal.

resentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requester should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the meeting.  For the November Plenary meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at dan_dove@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by November 2, 2012.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at dan_dove@ieee.org by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the November Plenary meeting, presentations must be submitted by November 6, 2012.  Please copy our vice-chair, Kapil Shrikhande on your requests and presentation submittal.

Please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

We would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.  Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Filename: name_nn_mmyy_optx.pdf
Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE P802.3bm
40 Gb/s and 100 Gb/s Fiber Optic Task Force

As a reminder to the group, we are a contribution driven organization.   It should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without contributions to drive it.  Areas not moving forward will be brought to the attention of the Task Force for consideration on how to address.

See you in San Antonio.

Best Regards,