Re: [802.3_100GNGOPTX] MMF ad hoc - Thursday 27th March 2014 - SRS test diagram update

Title: RE: [802.3_100GNGOPTX] MMF ad hoc - Thursday 27th March 2014, 9am to 10.30am Pacific
Jonathan,

I probably should have been more involved in the call, but was forced to listen while driving.

I agree with Paul's comments and illustrated how I might change the drawing below. Note the switch indicating that all lanes are selectively tested for BER versus the graphic implication that only one lane is tested.

In addition, I guess I don't get why you insert a sinusoidal amplitude source before the limiter. Is this not equivalent to just adding more sinusoidal jitter? I would expect the limiter to eliminate any amplitude interference and only leave phase interference.

Dan Dove
Chief Consultant
Dove Networking Solutions
530-906-3683 - Mobile