[802.3_100GNGOPTX] FW: P802.3bm-2015 Approval Notification

Dear Task Force Participants,

I am very happy to announce that our draft standard, IEEE P802.3bm has been approved as a new standard!!!

This project will open the door to wider adoption of 100G optical solutions and provide a basis for 25G electrical interconnect in both chip-to-chip and chip-to-module applications. In addition, we have provided a 40Km link for 40G networks which will ease large network designs.

Thanks to the editorial team for your work, and thanks to all who contributed to this standard.

Best Regards,

Dan Dove
Soon to be Former Chair, IEEE P802.3bm