From: Koenen, David [mailto:David.Koenen@hp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 10:24 AM
To: Rich_Hernandez@exchange.dell.com
Cc: stds-802-3-10gbt@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [10GBASE-T] Auto-Negotiation Support

Microsoft has the only WOL support requirement I know of.  It is an optional
feature in PCI/PCI Power Management Specs.  Microsoft's requirement is that
the Desktop/Server support WOL on a least one NIC.  That can be accomplished
by most all of the Fast (10/100) or Gigabit (10/100/1000T) embedded or
standup NICs today and possibly 1000SX in the near future.  We're
considering the 10GBase-T to be a high speed, stand-alone option NIC.  In
which case, it doesn't require WOL.

: djk