RE: [10GBASE-T] Auto-Negotiation Support

Rich, et. Al.,

I raised this issue at the SG in Vancouver.  Bob Grow pointed out that
the auto-negotiation capabilities one chooses to support for a given
device is implementation specific and thus is not specified in the
standard.  The way I see it, one vendor can choose to build a NIC that
will negotiate all speeds and another can build a NIC that only supports
10GBASE-T and as long as they use the same AN protocol (clause 28) to
interoperate that's fine.  I'll but the lowest cost device that meets my
needs.

Best regards,

Mike

Michael J. Bennett