From: "William Jones" <wjones@solarflare.com>
To: <stds-802-3-10gbt@ieee.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 1:07 PM
Subject: [10GBASE-T] matlab ad hoc

Participants

To get this kicked off, I suggest developing some code to compute the
optimal DFE SNR.  I would like to see several participants independently
develop some code.  For the purposes of testing the code only, we need to
agree upon a transmit PSD, transformer, channel and noise models.   I do not
want to use DSL models. I suggest something from TIA 568b or ISO 11801.  I
am open to specific proposals.  For the transformer, I suggest a simple
first order high pass filter with low frequency 3dB point in the range of 10
to 15 MHz.  For the simulation results I have present, I used 12.5 MHz.  For
initial testing purposes, I suggest a PAM10 PSD with 10dBm power.

I am sending this to the reflector.  But, since several people are having
problems getting to the reflector, I am thinking to carry on the ad hoc via
direct distribution to interested participants.  Let me know if this creates
a problem for anyone.  So, I will be sending a separate email directly to
those participants that have contacted me either by email or business card
by the end of business today (1/16/03).  If you do not receive a second
email and are interested in participating, kindly send me an email.

Also, I have just received the 1000BASE-T code from Chris which I will be
distributing.

Regards

Bill

William W. Jones, Ph.D.