From: William Jones [mailto:wjones@solarflare.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 12:10 AM
To: Ermolayev, Viktor; stds-802-3-10gbt@ieee.org
Cc: George Zimmerman
Subject: [10GBASE-T] RE: CIR estimation

Viktor

Your questions were not completely clear.  Here are the answers based on my
interpretation.  Feel free to follow up if I answered the wrong question.

1. For computer simulations, try a long FIR filter.

2. Different twisted pairs in the cable will have different delay
characteristics.

Slide 10 of the tutorial at the November meeting is the measured frequency
response of the coupling functions.

Bill

William W. Jones, Ph.D.
Director of Systems Engineering