[10GBASE-T] Power over the MDI...

Title: Power over the MDI...

Study group members,

As some of you may know, 802.3af is starting to wind down and getting closer to completion.  For those that do not know what 802.3af is, it is the specification for transmitting power to the DTE over the medium.  The study group needs to decide whether or not compliance with 802.3af is within the scope of our effort.  This relates to compatability with our existing standards.  If there is anyone that would like to make presentations for or against compliance with 802.3af, please let me know.

Thank you,
Brad

Chair, 10GBASE-T Study Group
bbooth@ieee.org