RE: [10GBT-Modeling] RE: [10GBT-Cabling] [10GBASE-T] a channel capacityestimation program for your evaluation

George,

From the past few days' discussion, I finally understand the meaning of
"scale to fit" used in the channel models.   Compared to the limit, the
scaled, selected channel model will give a few dB better SNR.   Once the
channel models are available, they can be directly plugged into the program
and get the desired results.  I believe there will be a difference.

I also agree with you that modeling ANEXT will be a quite challenging job.
Since it is the primary noise source in the system now.  We have to give it
a clear shoot before we can move forward.

Best regards,

Xiaopeng
Marvell Semiconductor

"George Zimmerman" <gzimmerman@solarflare.com>@majordomo.ieee.org on