RE: [10GBT-Modeling] RE: [10GBT-Cabling] [10GBASE-T] a channel capacity estimation program for your evaluation

As I understand it, the reason we subdivided into a modeling ad-hoc and
a cabling adhoc is to allow parallel work.  As such, I will continue
this discussion on the modeling ad-hoc reflector, which, to date, we're
not using well.  You haven't answered my basic question, which is, while
we work the alien NEXT in parallel, what  beyond that are your barriers
to technical feasibility.  As a group, we must begin the flushing out of
technical feasibility issues.  That way the group can address them
efficiently.

In my experience, standards bodies make progress by finding consensus on
the easier issues first and working the difficult ones over time.  In
that spirit, let us find some common ground.  Otherwise, the discussion
is simply a distraction, and will make progress only at the slowest
possible pace.

Please let us switch now to the appropriate ad-hoc reflector to make
some progress.
-george

George Zimmerman
gzimmerman@solarflare.com